That Millennial Pink Glossier Boilersuit

11 February 2018

asos, glossier, pink, millennial pink, jumpsuit, boilersuit, jump suit, boiler suit, uniform, utility

Did you ever ask yourself, hey where can I get the pink boilersuits team Glossier wear as uniforms? Me too!

TL;DR? Get the Glossier look here. Oh and this short sleeved one is a dream too.

Glossier. Glo-see-uh. Or however else you choose to pronounce it. One brand, millions of fans, 2.76M to be exact, and that's just on Instagram. A beauty brand like no other, revolutionary both in the way it came to be as well as in its brand messaging, marketing, packaging, product...well everything really. It celebrates real skin over heavy, cakey make up looks. Skin first, make up second, smile always -as their motto goes. How refreshing. Almost as refreshing as their pink-hued branding and aesthetic.  


Of course the brand is known for skincare products such as the Milky Jelly Cleanser, the serum trio and the exfoliator of the range which is aptly named Solution but also for it's hero make up items like Boy Brow, Cloud Paint and the newly launched Skywash (the lime and baby blue hues are perfect). I also love their perfume, You, had the chance to have a sniff at the Glossier London pop up in Covent Garden and it's delightful. 


asos, glossier, pink, millennial pink, uniform, london pop up, covent garden


Back to the Glossier uniforms though. I first led eyes on the team G uniforms at the get-to-know-the-brand pop up in London in July 2018. I remember it was chucking it down (cause #London) and we sought refuge in their wonderfully decorated store. When the below pic on the pink was taken, Emily Weiss had just passed in front of me -kept my cool. 




So the uniforms team G wear consist of a to-die-for pink boilersuit / coverall / jumpsuit, white sneakers and sometimes a black ribbon around their ponytails if they are feeling sassy. Dreams! 


asos, glossier, pink, millennial pink, jumpsuit, boilersuit, jump suit, boiler suit, uniform, utility


I had to test their wares, see what's good, so after swatching and slathering on every.single.product available to me I approached a team G member all beady-eyed and excited and asked whether I could get my hands (and legs and tush) on one of said legendary boilersuits...to which she replied with two of the most hurtful words in the English language "Sorry, no". Needless to say devastation ensued. 


asos, glossier, pink, millennial pink, jumpsuit, boilersuit, jump suit, boiler suit, uniform, utility, florrie thomas, and finally, LFW, AW18


Needless to say, I ventured on a never ending world wide web search for THE boilersuit of dreams. And then in a few short months, I saw the gorgeous and #VIDEOgirlgang member Florrie Thomas of And Finally wearing a similar one at LFW! Hmmm I said, the plot thickens. I gagged at the fierceness and after a very short online search I found out it was from ASOS, a sliver of hope! Could this be? 


asos, glossier, pink, millennial pink, jumpsuit, boilersuit, jump suit, boiler suit, uniform, utility, florrie thomas, and finally, LFW, AW18
Picture on right: Imaxtree

Little did I know, the pink twill boilersuit that haunted my dreams would not be available for a good few months. Halloween, Thanksgiving day, Christmas, New Year's, my birthday came and passed, sadly with no boilersuit boxed up as a present. I had almost given up hope and then one day, a couple of weeks ago, I spotted a cute redhead on the Glossier Instagram wearing the coveted piece and the flame (to find one) was reignited. I knew where to look this time so no second was wasted. I typed in the magic words and to my surprise, a perfect match emerged in the search results. HAPPY FREAGGIN DAYS. 


asos, glossier, pink, millennial pink, jumpsuit, boilersuit, jump suit, boiler suit, emily leona rose, uniform, utility


Which brings me to today. Happily sipping on a cup of tea on a rocking chair with a cat on my lap whilst eagerly awaiting the postman anyday now. Jk I live in 2018 not Inspector Gadget's set. Will update you with a pic on my Insta once I slip into it. 

I recently discovered that they have brought out a few merch items, it's called GlossiWEAR. So now you can go super extra and get the official Glossier look?




Also kindly note that style extraordinaire Jenna Lyons also owns a pink boilersuit:

asos, glossier, pink, millennial pink, jumpsuit, boilersuit, jump suit, boiler suit, j crew, jenna lyons, uniform, utility


Anyone out there been looking for one too?! 

Get yours here. Or here.

More boilersuit goodness:


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© the girl named Love. Design by FCD.